History and Honors
Ben Gray founded R. Benton Gray & Company in 1999 to concentrate on representing individual clients with employment issues. Gray’s practice focuses on employment litigation and contract negotiations for people – ranging from executives to hourly employees of almost every imaginable background, in all kinds of employment settings – whose livelihoods pose a wide variety of legal issues.
- Ben Gray received his bachelor’s degree with honors from Kenyon College.
- Received his J.D. degree with honors from Duke University Law School.
- Is a member in good standing of the Bar of the State of Ohio; the Bars of the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio and the Southern District of Ohio; the Bars of the Sixth and Seventh Circuit United States Courts of Appeals; and has been admitted to numerous other state and federal courts nationwide to represent his clients.
- Co-chaired the seminar, “Prizefighting Without Ear-Biting: Professionalism in Litigation,” held at the Cuyahoga County Justice Center.
- Authored a treatise chapter on “Jury Trials” in the federal courts for the American Inns of Court Foundation.
- Has maintained the highest, “AV,” attorney skill and ethics peer review rating since 2000.
- Is a charter, Master Bench member of the Cleveland Employment Law American Inn of Court.
- Is a member of the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, the Cleveland Employment Lawyers Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Lorain County Bar Association and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
- Named to Top Lawyers in Ohio by the Legal Network, 2016.
- Named to Top Lawyers of Cleveland by National Law Journal and The Plain Dealer, 2015.
- Rated a perfect 10.0/Superb on Avvo, 2016.